ArtSpace Maynard Gallery Call for Proposals
ArtSpace Maynard invites artists in all media (except video) to submit proposals for one month solo or group exhibitions for the 2019-2020 season.
SCOPE AND INTENTION
Proposals should be for group or solo exhibitions and present a coherent theme. The proposed exhibit should be based on a unifying concept that is social, historical, philosophical, cultural, political or other. Exhibitions are limited to New England artists.
- Quality of work
- Clarity and coherence of concept
- Ability of artist/curator to complete the project
ArtSpace Maynard houses 80 studio artists, the Acme Theater and the ArtSpace Gallery. The ArtSpace Gallery is one of the largest and best nonprofit exhibition spaces in Massachusetts. The gallery is 1800 sq. ft., with 150 linear ft. of wall space, 16 ft. of built-in glass display cases and can accommodate large group exhibits. You are encouraged to view the space prior to submitting your proposal. Gallery floor plans are available here.
DUTIES OF SELECTED ARTISTS/CURATOR
- For group shows there must be one point person or curator, who will also attend a gallery orientation session prior to the exhibition.
- Develop postcards and have them proofed by ArtSpace for approval before ordering
- Postcards must adhere to USPS guidelines
- Order and mail postcards to their mailing lists.
- Provide 1000 postcards to ArtSpace for mailing to ArtSpace mailing list
- Provide artist statements and print-ready images for publicity.
- Deliver Artwork, Install and Remove Exhibit.
- Prepare an opening reception with refreshments on the designated date.
- Gallery sitting by artist or designee is required on Saturdays from 11-3.
- Listing in Art New England or Artscope, local and regional media.
- Preparing and distributing press releases.
- Mailing and postage to the ArtSpace mailing list.
- Gallery sitting Wednesdays through Fridays.
- The gallery receives a thirty percent (30%) commission on the sale of artwork. but does not guarantee a sale your work.
- ArtSpace offers limited insurance for loaned work.
PROPOSAL TIME LINE
- May 17 – Proposal Deadline
- June 17 – Artist’s Notification
ArtSpace will be accepting electronic submissions only through CAFÉ Call for Entry
- Statement of Concept: The statement must begin with an exhibition title and list of participating artists followed by a brief summary (2000 character limit, including spaces) of the intention of the show. If it is a group show, elaborate as to how each of the artist’s work relates to the central concept.
- Resumes/CV: 1 to 2 pages for each artist. For a group show, you will need to combine all resumes into one document before uploading it.
- Artist Agreement for Group Shows: You must have secured participation of all the artists in your proposal prior to submitting your application.
- Images: 20 images maximum as per guidelines on CAFÉ Entry website.
- Application Fee: $25.00 payable by Master Card or VISA on the CAFÉ Call for Entry website
How to Prepare Your Images
CAFÉ Call for Entry Application Link